"It doesn’t matter if the guy is perfect or the girl is perfect, as long as they are perfect for each other."
- Good Will Hunting (1997)
Congratulations! You are perfect for each other. The next step is to get ready to soar on your big wedding day. While you are searching for your dream bridal dress, you must have wondered what unique grooms wear would be for your significant other. Here, we put together some grooms attire ideas to help you lovebirds get your flare on for Spring/ Summer 2016.
Cheerful & Colorful
- White. It has already created an explosion on the runway. It’s neat, modern, and classy. You will be surprised when you match an all-white suit with a white tie and a pair of white leather shoes. Anything like this that will make your groom shine like a super star, definitely worth a shot :-)
- Macaroons. These hues are perfect for photos on a nice and bright summer day. An outfit with any of these macaroon colors will bring more joy, energy, and sweetness to you and your honored guests on your special day.
Traditional & Chic
- The Nontraditional Shawl Collar. You can never go wrong with black. But come on, a normal-cutting black suit can be too boring for your sharp-dressing groom. Why not try a trendy shawl collar tuxedo? With a continuous curved edge, a shawl lapel brings style and variation. Try a bow tie to add a touch of playfulness.
- The Sophisticated Shades of Grey. Our groom chose this light grey, 3-piece suit to look refined and sharp, and added a touch of lavender with the tie and the pocket square to create a sense of elegance and mystery.
- The New Cosmopolitan Navy Blue. We believe every groom can find peace and happiness in a navy blue wedding suit. It is so calming and relaxing!
Accessory & Detail
- Give him some amazing accessories. It could be a bow tie, white tie, rare pattern pocket squares, bold color socks, personalized sleeve buttons, a boutonniere, and more.
Mix & Match
- We know 3-piece grooms wear is hot right now. Instead of having the pieces in the same color and pattern, why not choose a different color waistcoat?
You can have more fun taking photos with your groomsmen when you dress in your own style.
Wearing a plain suit? Add some patterned pieces- a checkered waistcoat, a lattice pocket square…show his personality.
Add cultural elements. For example, combine Chinese wedding traditions with western details.
Advice from Andrea Fischman Photography:
Get him involved. You either need to choose the outfit yourself, or hire a stylist to create the whole look. Make sure your fiancé is engaged in the process and excited about the look.
- Details matter. A simple detail can turn into a statement piece.
- Comfort is key. A comfortable suit will do the job. Even though we would love to see your beloved one look sophisticated in his outfit, we would rather he smile in photos throughout the day.
- Find inspirations. Search on Pinterest, Style Me Pretty, etc. This will help you get a better sense of wedding attire and what you are looking for.
- Find a professional suit-maker. If possible, get a customized outfit. A suit-maker knows much more about styling and tailoring. Check out The Knot and Weddingwire for local wedding attire shops.
- Always keep in mind that your special man does not have to dress "typical”. Do not hesitate to try your ideas out because it can turn out to be fantastic!
What are some of your wedding inspirations and ideas for this spring/summer? What did you do that made your wedding special? We would love to know more, so please leave your comments down below. You can also contact us here regarding your big day.